For 10 years CareerSource Pinellas and CareerSource Tampa Bay have successfully hosted an annual Tampa Bay Regional Business & Education Summit. During the summit business and educational leaders from both sides of Tampa Bay in one setting to focus on regional - specific industry needs. Speakers have included: Steve Wozniak, Theresa Payton, Adam Davidson, Dr. Barry Asmus, and Jeff Colvin.
The time has come to take the next step.
Join us December 7th -9th at the St. Petersburg Clearwater Marriott for The Voice of Business: National Conference on Industry Sector Growth Strategies. The conference will feature invited speakers from the Department of Commerce, Department of Education and Department of Labor.
Who Should Attend?
Employers • Workforce Professionals • Economic Developers • Educators
Mark Blyth, Political Economist & Author Noted author, professor and expert on global politics and economics, Dr. Blyth regularly speaks to diverse global audiences including financial institutions, multi-national corporations, associations, governments and literary festivals. In addition to keynote speeches, he is a sought after moderator and live interviewer for notable figures such as Tony Blair, Gerhard Schroeder, and the ex-Greek Finance Minister, Yanis Varoufakis. Blyth distinguishes himself on the speaking circuit with an ability to break down complex, financial and political issues with clarity and sharp Scottish wit. He predicted the Brexit vote, Trump’s election and Italy’s referendum well before most pundits.
Hear him speak about “The Politics of Money: After the 2016 Election.”
Conference Suggested Hotels
St.Petersburg Marriott Clearwater - Conference Location (no block group)
12600 Roosevelt Boulevard N. St.Petersburg, FL 33716
Hotels listed below are within 2 miles of conference location.
Hilton St. Petersburg Carillon Park
950 Lake Carillon Dr. St. Petersburg, FL 33716
Homewood Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater
2233 Ulmerton Rd. Clearwater, FL 33762
3131 Executive Dr. Clearwater, FL 33762
Fairfield Inn By Marriott St Petersburg/Clearwater
3211 Executive Dr. Clearwater, FL 33762
SpringHill Suites St. Petersburg Clearwater
3485 Ulmerton Rd. Clearwater, FL 33762
Holiday Inn St Petersburg N - Clearwater
3535 Ulmerton Rd. Clearwater, FL, 33762
Hampton Inn and Suites
4050 Ulmerton Rd. Clearwater, FL, 33762
Candlewood Suites Clearwater
13231 49th St N. Clearwater, FL 33762
Tampa Bay Area Attractions
- Clearwater Beach was recognized by “Dr. Beach” as the nation’s best in 2008. Other attractions include best place for sunset watching, fine restaurants, family-friendly lodgings, shopping and plenty of beach activities for the whole family.
- Fort De Soto Beach was named America’s Top Beach for 2009. In 2005, “Dr. Beach” named Fort De Soto the nation’s No. 1 Beach.
- Boat Tours. Deep sea fishing, dolphin watching, chartered boat rides.
Shopping and Dining
- John’s Pass Village and Boardwalk A great place for the whole family to enjoy. There are plenty of attractions including restaurants, shops, bars, fishing fleet, dolphin watching, boat rentals, parasailing, and jet skiing.
- Ybor City (Pronounced “EE-bore”) Founded in 1886 by cigar manufacturers, it is one of Tampa’s historic neighborhood with cobble stone road and sidewalks and features 19th-century cigar maker’s house. Visit The Columbia Restaurant for authentic Cuban food and live flamenco shows in the evening.
- Dali Museum. 20,000 square feet of state-of-the art gallery space for the complete viewing of 96 oil paintings, plus a selection of drawings, fine prints, photographs, videos and surreal objects by Salvador Dali.
- Busch Gardens. A must-do for anyone looking for one of the best places to visit in Florida. Large collection of roller coasters for the thrill seekers. As one of the largest zoos in North America, animal attractions boast more than 12,000 animals.
- Florida Aquarium. Experience sharks, alligators, penguins, and much more. Interactive programs include Dive with the Sharks, Shark Swim, and Swim with the Fishes or take a Wild Dolphin Tour onboard the Bay Spirit II, a 72-foot powered catamaran.
- Sunken Gardens is a 100-year-old garden, home to some of the oldest tropical plants in the region. Explore cascading waterfalls, beautiful demonstration gardens featuring more than 50,000 tropical plants and flowers.
When: December 7 - December 9, 2017
Where: Marriott St. Petersburg Clearwater
12600 Roosevelt Boulevard
St.Petersburg, FL 33716
Cost: $125.00 per person