It's time to explore! Discover new interests and abilities, and have fun! Let your curiosity guide you while you experience career possibilities!
WHAT'S STEM TEC ALL ABOUT?
- Explore careers in Science, Technology, Engineering & Math
- Build solar cars, your own website or even be a crime scene investigator!
- Improve teambuilding and leadership skills
- Learn about business planning, Microsoft Office® and web design
- Take behind the scene tours of local companies
- • Receive $400 upon completion and $100 to shop for the dress for success contest!
STEM TEC OVERVIEW
CareerSource Tampa Bay in partnership with Junior Achievement, and various other partners provides career exploration and workplace readiness training to students, 14-16 years of age known as STEM TEC. The program begins with a four week summer program and continues with year round activities focusing on STEM Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).The program consists of hands-on activities in various career industries, workplace readiness training, teambuilding, goal setting and personal motivation, in addition to employer site visits as job shadowing experiences in STEM specific fields.
WHERE & WHEN
- June 14 - July 15, 2016 - Camp will run 4 days per week from Monday thru Thursday
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for locations
SUMMER PROGRAM ACTIVITIES
Classroom activities include personal development, career assessment, career exploration, work readiness skills, entrepreneurship, computer technology and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) projects. The curriculum will include behind the scene tours to local business and educational centers.
Parents will be responsible for transportation to and from the camp. A limited amount of bus passes will be available to seated youth.
MEALS & REFRESHMENTS
Lunch will be provided daily. We recommend that students eat breakfast, and bring their own snacks and/or refreshments to eat during breaks. Please notify us of any dietary requirements or pack the student’s lunch. Students are not allowed to leave the campus for lunch.
Participants will be asked to wear the camp t-shirt, khaki pants, skirt, or capri pants along with sneakers or closed toed shoes. At least 2 shirts will be provided. Flip flops, slides and midriffs are prohibited.
On successful completion of the four week program ( in good standing) he/she will receive a $400 incentive and will be eligible to participate in the “Dress For Success” shopping trip.
Students are eligible to apply based on meeting the following requirements.
- Must live in Hillsborough County
- Student must be in or transitioning to the 9th and 10th grade
- Student must be currently enrolled in school with a GPA of 2.50 or higher
- Student must live in a family or household that meets at least one or more of the following criteria’s below:
- Resides in a “low-income” family, See chart below.
- Currently lives in a foster care home/facility or living with a care giver/guardian and the student receives cash assistance
- Lives with Family receiving food stamps and/or cash assistance benefits
- Eligible for Free & Reduced Lunch
|2016 TANF Income Guidelines|
|200% of the Federal Poverty Level as of February 23, 2016|
|Family Size||Monthly Income||Annual Income|
|*Note: For each person over 8, add $8,320 to the annual income (693.33 monthly)|
HOW TO APPLY
Email Maggie.email@example.com to pre-register with Junior Achievement (JA) – This is not an official application. The JA online registration is used to prescreen or prequalify student’s suitability and eligibility. If the student is determined eligible, you will receive notification of acceptance into the camp.