How many careers will you have in your lifetime? Well, If you’re like most people you can expect to have numerous jobs and various careers changes. In order to ensure a successful career transition you need to have the tools necessary to educate and prepare yourself.
So whether you love your current job or feel frustrated in it, career planning is the key to success. Not only should you use career planning to build on your current job but the success of your future is based on a strong plan and a well executed one at that.
To assist you with getting started we offer links to some valuable tools that will walk you through some basic steps necessary to success. You can also follow CareerSource Tampa Bay on Facebook, LinkedIn®, and Twitter to receive additional information.
Occupational Outlook Handbook - http://www.bls.gov/ooh/
The Occupational Outlook Handbook is a nationally recognized source of career information, designed to provide valuable assistance to individuals making decisions about their future work lives. It is revised every two years. The Occupational Outlook Handbook tells you the training and education needed, earnings, expected job prospects, what workers do on the job, and working conditions for hundreds of popular jobs.
O*Net Online Career Exploration - http://www.onetonline.org/
The Occupational Information Network (O*NET) program is the nation's primary source of occupational information. Central to the project is the O*NET database, containing information on hundreds of standardized and occupation-specific descriptors. The database, which is available to the public at no cost, is continually updated by surveying a broad range of workers from each occupation. Information from this database forms the heart of O*NET OnLine, an interactive application for exploring and searching occupations. The database also provides the basis for our Career Exploration Tools, a set of valuable assessment instruments for workers and students looking to find or change careers.
My Next Move - http://www.mynextmove.org/
Do you already know the type of job in which you are interested? If not, will you know it when you see it? Or are you not really sure at all? Let us help you! My Next Move is specifically designed to help you determine the right career for you, and to help you find a job that you will enjoy.
EFM Career Explorer - https://www.employflorida.com/vosnet/assessment/selfassessment.aspx
To use this system, you must first be registered
Mind Tools - http://www.mindtools.com/
JOB HUNTING 101 SERIES
These videos focus on topics; such as, appropriate interview attire, improving your interview skills, résumé writing and cover letters, work readiness, and information about your local center. Click here for more information.
ONLINE JOB SEARCH ENGINES
State of Florida Job Search Links
- Employ Florida Marketplace - Florida's official online portal to virtual job-matching services and many other workforce resources.
- Employ Florida Marketplace ~ VETS - Florida's online source for veterans' employment and employer recruitment information.
- Employ Florida Marketplace ~ Florida Abilities Work - Florida's online source for job seekers' with disabilities find employment.
- Employ Florida Marketplace ~ Silver Edition - Florida's online career resource for the 50+ demographic.
- Employ Florida Marketplace ~ Green Jobs - Florida's online career resource for individuals seeking information on green jobs, green training and green jobs survey results.
National Job Search Links
- mySkillsmyFuture.org (U.S. Department of Labor)
- Veterans Employment Center - This website is the single federal source for Veterans looking for new career opportunities in the private and public sectors, as well as Service Members transitioning to the civilian workforce, military and Veteran spouses and dependents looking for employment opportunities, GI Bill beneficiaries transitioning from training to the job market and employers looking to connect with high quality applicants.
Commercial Job Search Links - positions inside and outside of Florida (these links advertise products and/or services that are not associated with CareerSource Pinellas):
- Suncoast Jobs
- TampaBay.com (Tampa Bay Times)
Persons with Disabilities Job Search Links:
- Disabled Person
- Getting Hired
- Hire Disability Solutions
- One More Way
- Employer Assistance and Resource Network
- Ability Jobs
- Think Beyond the Label
Tips for Using a Job Search Engine - Tips and advice on how to best utilize a job search engine to find job listings that match your skills and interests.
Social Media Links
How to Use Social Media in Your Job Search - Tips and advice on how to best utilize social media in your job search.
- AARP Membership
- Adult Education Resources
- America’s Career InfoNet
- Area Agency on Aging
- Community Services Block Grant Program from the Florida Department of Community Affairs
- Coptic Orthodox Charities, Inc. - Coptic Orthodox Charities, Inc. (COC) serves children, adults, families, elderly, and low income families: COC serves refugees, asylees who are victims of torture, human trafficking victims, spouce abuse of US citizens, and immigrants, who face language and cultural barriers that make navigation of local laws, social service, and health care systems difficult.
- Department of Elder Affairs, State of Florida
- Florida KidCare
- Florida Research and Economic Database
- Florida’s Eligible Training Providers
- Florida’s Reemployment Assistance Claims Services
- Gateway to My DCF ACCESS account - Link to your DCF ACCESS account which requires userID and password to review your case or benefits
- Grant and Contract Applications from the Employment & Training Administration
- Housing and Community Development
- Job Training Assistance - Click on the Education and Training link found under the Job Seekers menu.
- LMS Resource Guide 2012 Edition - This guide is a useful reference tool enabling job seekers to quickly locate the many products that are offered by the Department of Economic Opportunity.
- Pinellas Ex-Offender Re-Entry Coalition (PERC)
- Persons with Disabilities
- O*NET OnLine
- Section 3 - Economic Opportunities from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Tobacco Free Florida
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Workforce Investment Act
- Veterans’ Workforce Program Information
- Virtual Entrepreneur Center - Florida High Tech
- Youth at Work