You Hire. You Train. We Pay.
Get reimbursed up to 50% of the costs to train new employees. CareerSource Tampa Bay’s On-the-Job Training program helps businesses save money while training promising new hires!
Training program benefits include:
- 50% of wages paid over a training period
- Employer makes all the hiring decisions
- Recruitment & job posting services
- Assistance with candidate pre-screening
- CareerSource Tampa Bay staff completes all the paperwork
- All resources and services are NO COST!
It’s easy…your business just needs to:
- Agree to provide on the job training for a full time salary or hourly position in one of the positions listed on the 2018-2019 Region 15 Targeted Occupations List
- Intend to retain the trainee, if the trainee is meeting the minimum performance standards required for the position
- Complete the agreement and position information prior to hiring the individual
- Provide pay, time records, and participant updates to receive reimbursement
The OJT Program will pay up to 50% of the individual’s hourly salary for a standard OJT period, to be determined by the coordinator based on salary and standard time for OJT for the position.
EMPLOYERS interested in participating in On-the-Job Training, email Maria Suarez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB SEEKERS interested in participating must be WIOA eligible. Visit your nearest CareerSource Tampa Bay center to speak with a WIOA Representative.
CareerSource Tampa Bay is inviting Hillsborough County youth ages 16 to 21 to participate in a summer youth employment program. The Young Talent Tampa Bay - Summer Job Connection program will provide part-time work paid experience for up to 400 Hillsborough County youth that meet eligibility requirements.
Participants will be provided a six-week paid work experience opportunity in a targeted industry. Youth participating in the program will be paid $11.00 per hour and work a maximum of 24-hours per week. The program will run from June 10 to July 19, 2019.