Tampa Bay TechHire provides FREE accelerated training and paid work experience opportunities to young adults in high-growth industries and occupations critical to the regional economy – healthcare and information technology. Training includes tuition, lab and certification fees.
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 29; and
- Unemployed or underemployed.
- Additional eligibility requirements apply.
Please see the below links for additional information regarding training programs (subject to availability):
- Hillsborough County School District – Erwin Technical College
- Hillsborough Community College
- St. Petersburg College Information
- Hillsborough Community College:
- St. Petersburg College:
- University of South Florida MUMA College of Business
TechHire is part of a national study to test if offering individuals skills training and extra support services helps them complete training, and find employment in middle-high skill jobs. Support services and spaces in specific trainings are limited. Eligible applicants will be chosen by a computerized selection process. At this time, this study does not apply to the University of South Florida programs.
IT Training Programs
- Apple Programming
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- HTML 5/CSS3
- Java SE 8
- Marketing Web Developer
- Mobile Device Repair (Cell Phone and Tablet Repair/Mobile Device Technician)
- Mobile Applications Development
- USF TechHire Innovative Business Technology Boot Camp
- USF Java Programming Boot Camp
- USF Hybrid Boot Camps
- Help Desk / IT Support Training
- Web Developer- Entrepreneur Track
- Additional certification programs based on employer demand
Healthcare Training Programs
- Medical/Clinical Lab Tech
Online Courses Available
- CompTIA A+
- USF Java Programming Basics Boot Camp with In-Person Support
- USF Introduction to Database Analysis w/ SQL and Excel with In-Person Support
- SPC CompTIA Network+
- SPC CompTIA Security+
This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the recipient and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it.